Saturday, August 13, 2011

A New Obsession

Okay, so, yes, I will confess...I get obsessed over things!  The newest one being frames.  I've always flirted with frames, but I've graduated my taste a little bit.  It went from 4x6's at Target to monstrous, ornate beauties from the consignment and antique stores.  So, to feed my need for beautiful, fun, unique frames, I've decided to create a frame wall in my home.  I have a big blank wall above my couch in my living room that I've never quite known what to do with.  I was thinking of hanging some art there...but hello, how unoriginal (and not really me) AND I've never found any art that I've liked enough to plop down the big bucks for.  So, for four years, the wall has remained blank - which is quite a feat for me.

So, not long ago I found a frame and turned it into an earring holder.  You can read about that here if you are so inclined.  And not long after that I found another amazing frame, but wasn't feelin' another transformation into a earring holder.  That's when the frame wall idea came to me.  So here's the frame before:


Sorry about Calvin - he was curious and it was IMPOSSIBLE to keep him away.  Plus, he finds himself very handsome.

I painted it Heirloom White which is a new favorite color of mine.  It lends a certain class to things and yet keeps it vintage-y. :)  I took the mirror out and found some amazing fabric and covered the back board with it.  I covered the letter "G" (another obsession of mine) in some yarn and hung it in the center of the frame using twine and beads.  It turned out FANTASTIC if I do say so myself!  Well, I suppose you can be the judge for yourself!


The "G" is a really pretty coral color.  It looks a little orange here, but it's amazing!



I hung it with twine and beads.  In between each bead I tied three knots for added visual effect and texture.


A little shot of the very top for your enjoyment!

So it's official!  The frame wall has been started, and a it's a pretty good start I think!  Well, off to the antique mall to find some more lovelies!!!!  Have a great day!!!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! How creative! Oh and by the way, I enjoyed the picture of Calvin and agree.....he IS handsome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i L-O-V-E it!!!! super cute idea :) you're becoming quite the good blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been a blog jumper tonight-and so glad I found yours, via "A cozy cup of tea", via : "Liz Marie Blog", via "Primp". Lovin your stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Aprill!! Obviously my blog is new so it's even MORE great when I hear from new followers!! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my stuff! More to come soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great gift for any baby shower or wedding! I love monogrammed things! I think I will make one for Wally and his bride to be for their...get this...ST. PATRICK'S DAY WEDDING....baby (maybe).

    ReplyDelete